Our history

Ingrams has a proud history that dates back to its foundation in 1938. The practice was founded by Mr. H Dudley Ingram who together with Mr. Curtis Reid were the first independent educators of the accounting profession in Melbourne. They taught night classes to assist trainee accountants and returned servicemen after World War II. The firm operated in Swanston Street for over fifty years before moving to its current location at 311 Toorak Road, South Yarra.

Below are advertisements that appeared on the front cover of the major Victorian newspapers in the 1930’s to 1950’s that highlight the firm's origins.